Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Series...Water's Edge

LynnWelker.com
"My Art is not about what I see but everything I have seen and can imagine."

A new series has been brewing in my mind for quite some time. Over the past couple of years, 
while visiting our western National Parks, I have been drawn to the movement, color, and texture 
of various bodies of water and the borders around them. After collecting many inspirational 
photographs from Zion's Virgin River, Yellowstone's Lake and Snake River, I have begun to 
reflect, reconsider, and expand my concept of water and its edges. Below are the photos that 
have inspired the first painting of the series, "Winter Pond".

A frozen Yellowstone Lake in June
Dead trees anchored in mud thermals at Yellowstone Lake

Winter Pond   24x30 Acrylic on canvas

Detail: fish below the icy surface of the water.

Putting on the finishing touches.

For questions and to preview the rest of the series contact Lynn at
lynnwelkerart@roadrunner.com
949.290.1775

No comments:

Post a Comment