Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Studio Photo on Artsy Shark


Click on the Artsy Shark Newsletter to see a variety of artists in their studios. 
I am pleased to see my photo included with this creative group.


I prefer painting indoors at the easel or propping up a board on my large drafting table. With a wide bank of windows and bright skylights overhead, I always feel close to nature and the outdoors. Overture to the Land is almost ready for framing.


Here's the other side of the studio. Often, I relax in this special chair and do research for new work. My sister retrieved our Dad's antique oak courthouse jury chairs from the basement of his Cincinnati, OH pharmacy. I find comfort in having family objects around me when I work. Reflected in the mirror is a painting I am finalizing. It has been a challenge to use only jewel tones for the color palette.


This is where the business happens. Time is spent almost every day keeping up with galleries, photos, correspondence, social media, websites and research. My 27" iMac was the best investment I could have made to enhance the efficiency of promoting my art career. Several images can be open at the same time to view and alter as needed. Hanging over the desk is Shattered, a painting of Native American symbolism, created during the destruction of local burial grounds for the excavation and building of the Fletcher Jones Mercedes dealership.

Connect with me on social media...

Facebook                               Pinterest                            Website                                            

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    I loved viewing all the artist's studios online from your link. What an honor to be featured. You sure have a lovely studio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artsy Shark is a great newsletter. If you don't already get it, they sometimes ask for submissions. Good to hear from you, Kathleen.

      Delete